This Privacy statement is a direct copy from our company policy and therefore applies to all information collected or submitted (whether online or offline) to the Home Theatre Store and Bob Browns HiFi ("BBHIFI" -or- "US"). It explains how we handle personal information and complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
BBHIFI collects personal information from:
individuals/companies who supply products and/or services to us, individuals/companies who purchase products and/or services from us, individuals who participate in our competitions or promotions, subscribe to our mailing list, express interest in our products and services, visit our website, submit queries, undertake surveys, provide feedback, seek or enter into dealership or retailer arrangements with us or contact us for other reasons (including, for example, in relation to returns, repairs and warranty or gift redemptions). We collect this information when it is necessary for our business purposes.
The types of personal information that we will collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. It may include:
- contact details (ie. your name, address, email, phone and facsimile details);
- information on prior purchase experience with BBHIFI;
- age, occupation and information on personal lifestyle and other preferences for marketing purposes; or
- financial information (collected for purposes of transactions or dealership or retailer arrangements, and information may also be collected on salary ranges for surveys and research).
On occasion, we may ask for additional information to enable us to provide you with access to and use of certain information, materials and services.
If you decline to provide us with the information we require then we may not be able to provide you with our products and/or services, respond to your queries or permit you to participate in promotions or competitions or enter into a business arrangements with us.
We collect most personal information directly from individuals when we deal with them, such as when they subscribe to our mailing list through the website, submit a query, complete product registration forms, register for competitions or promotions, or provide us with their details at homeshows or tradeshows. The personal information we collect may be provided on forms filled out by individuals, recorded during face-to-face meetings, in email messages, during telephone conversations, or by third parties. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
Our website is not set up to automatically collect personally identifiable information from each visitor to our website. It does recognise the home server of visitors, but not email addresses. For example, we can tell which Internet Service Provider our visitors use, but not the names, addresses or other information about our visitors that would allow us to identify the particular visitors to our website. This information is used only for internal purposes by our technical support staff.
Our website does track certain information about the visits to our website. For example, we compile statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its individual pages. These aggregated statistics are used internally to improve our website and for product development and marketing purposes generally. Those aggregated statistics may also be provided to advertisers and other third parties, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
BBHIFI uses your personal information for specific purposes, which will vary according to the type of information collected. Such purposes may include the following:
- to support our customers or supplier relationship with us (including, for example, to provide you with goods and/or services that you request and assist with your inquiries and requests);
- to facilitate access to and manage our website;
- to notify you of special offers, events or promotions, updated information and new products and services from BBHIFI that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct promotions or competitions which you participate in;
- to undertake research or surveys to enable us to improve our products and services; or
- to operate our business efficiently.
We will not use or disclose any personal information with anyone without your consent, unless:
- required by law or pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings;
- it is in connection with a corporate divestiture or dissolution where we sell all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated databases or customer lists containing your personal information);
- it is permitted by this Privacy Statement;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with goods or services you have requested;
- it is necessary to implement our terms of service, or terms of our competitions or promotions or other terms we may have in place with you;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a BBHIFI employee, another customer or any member of the public or BBHIFI; or
- we are disclosing it to our related bodies corporate.
We use a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of BBHIFI, such as independent contractors and consultants, offsite security storage providers, website hosts, media agencies, third party call centres, mail-houses, database managers and event managers, may sometimes have access to personal information held by BBHIFI and may use it on behalf of BBHIFI. Third parties who are given access to your personal information will be required to keep the information confidential.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes.
BBHIFI may enhance or merge your information collected at its website with data from third parties for the purposes of marketing products or services to you.
USING YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
We may send you information, including by email, about our various products and services or special offers, promotions or events that may be of interest to you. Only BBHIFI (or third parties working on behalf of BBHIFI) will send you these direct mailings.
If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Or, at any time you can easily opt out of receiving further marketing from us by clicking on our contact us page
STORAGE AND SECUIRTY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BBHIFI will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information that we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If we hold your information electronically, it will be stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
BBHIFI may transfer your personal information to facilities overseas to store, process or back-up our information. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
CALL / MEETING RECORDING POLICY
As part of our commitment to providing the best possible service to our customers we record all telephone calls, this helps us to identify ways for us to provide you a better service
We record calls:
- for staff training purposes, helping us to improve the quality of our customer service and to ensure the information we provide is consistant and correct
- for reporting on the types and number of enquiries we recieve.
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call, which may be needed to support any transactions that take place over the phone and/or if there is a dispute
We record meetings:
- for staff training purposes, helping us to improve our efficiency when dealing with customers or suppliers and to ensure the information we provide and recieve is consistant and correct.
- to ensure we have an accurate record of what terms have/have not been agreed upon and/or if there is any dispute
Our website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the control of us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of such third party websites or data collection that may be undertaken on those websites. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of those websites.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and currency of information provided on our website. However, except as otherwise required by law, BBHIFI does not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions on the website.
To the extent permitted by law, BBHIFI will not liable for loss, damage or liability arising from errors, omissions, inaccuracies or any misleading or out of date information whether contained on this site or any link attached to this site.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write or e-mail us at the following address:
Home Theatre Store
8 Orbell Street
or email us at email@example.com